#94: POWELL, Michael & PRESSBURGER, Emeric: I Know Where I'm Going! (1945)

POWELL, Michael & PRESSBURGER, Emeric (United Kingdom)
I Know Where I'm Going! [1945]
Spine #94
DVD


In Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger's stunningly photographed comedy, romance flourishes in an unlikely place — the bleak and moody Scottish Hebrides. Wendy Hiller stars as a headstrong young woman who travels to these remote isles to marry a rich lord. Stranded by stormy weather, she meets a handsome naval officer (Roger Livesey) who threatens to thwart her carefully laid-out life plans.

91 minutes
Black & White
Monaural
1:33:1 aspect ratio
Criterion Release 2001


Director/Writers

Film Rating (0-60):

60

The Extras

The Booklet

Six-page wraparound featuring an essay by Ian Christie.

Commentary

None.

Audio essay

By film historian Christie.

Behind-the-scenes

Stills, narrated by Thelma Schoonmaker Powell.

Documentary

From 1994, I Know Where I’m Going! Revisited, by Mark Cousins.

Excerpts

From Powell’s 1937 feature The Edge of the World, with commentary, and the 1978 documentary Return to the Edge of World.

Photo essay

By I Know Where I’m Going! aficionado Nancy Franklin, who explores the locations used in the film.

Home movies

From one of Powell’s Scottish expeditions, narrated by Schoonmaker.

Extras Rating (0-40):

39

60 + 39 =

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complete Criterion Collection By Director

The Complete Criterion Collection By Spine #

#304: ROEG, Nicolas: The Man Who Fell To Earth (1976)